Friday 13 January 2023

'N800,500 Is All We Wan Give You,' Zenith Bank Tells Customer Whose N4m Was Deducted Without Approval (Photos)

Zenith Bank Plc has said that it is only able to recover a sum of N800,500 to Chiamaka Agim, the Lagos state resident whose N4.1 million mysteriously vanished from her bank account on Monday, January 9.

Chiamaka, in some video clips uploaded on her Twitter page on Tuesday, shared her ordeal in tears.

She noted that she was relaxing in her apartment on January 9, 2023, when she received three debit alerts which was up to the sum of N4.1 million, according to FJ.

Chiamaka said that, "When received the first debit alert around 8:25 am, actually thought it was a WhatsApp message.

"I checked it and was shocked to see that it was an alert of N3.715 million.

"I was confused because I did not authorize any withdrawal, so logged in to my bank app to check what was happening.

"That was when I got another debit alert of N222,000, and then got the third one of N102,000," she added.

Out of the debited sum, N3.937 million went to an Access bank account while the remaining N102,000 was transferred to a UBA account.

To reclaim her money, Chiamaka had reported the mysterious deduction at two different branches of Zenith bank the following day.

She however stated that a Zenith Bank official called her around 6 pm on Wednesday, January 11.

Chiamaka said that she received the call hours after she went to the bank's branch at Alagomeji area of the state to follow up on the complaint she lodged regarding the incident.

She said that, "The branch manager at Alagomeji said that the bank was working on it and I would hear from them soon.

"Then the bank called me in the evening, saying that I should check my email."

Chiamaka said that the bank official notified her during the phone conversation that the transaction was done via her e-token.

This revelation baffled Chiamaka, who had never requested for an e-token from the bank.

She noted that, "He made me look as if I did not know what was saying because he insisted that have a token.

"Perhaps they gave it to someone who is using it on my account.

"Then he said that they were only able to salvage N800,500 from Access Bank, and that was what I would only get from the total amount.

"He also said that UBA told them that their customer does not depict a fraudster.

"I wondered how they were able to arrive at that conclusion.

"How can the bank make such a statement while I am in pains due to debits that I never consented to?," she added.

While Chiamaka believes that a bank insider is responsible for the strange deduction from her account, she also feels that Zenith Bank wants to scare her away so that the issue would be swept under the carpet.

"How can they give me N800,500 out of over N4 million? I am not going to let it go like that because it's a huge amount of money," she said.



Zenith Bank, in a document, informed Chiamaka that the financial institution was not liable for the incident since her e-Token and four-digit secret pin details were used to enroll on the mobile banking app on a device.

The bank also added that the same device was subsequently used to carry out the transactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive