Sunday 1 January 2023

I Want To Assist Female Inmates With Basic Needs - 2022 Miss Oyo First Runner-up, Tolulope Mohammed Shares Experience & Next Move

Tolulope Mohammed is the first runner-up at the 2022 edition of Miss Oyo beauty pageant. Miss Adedairo Adebanke, a twenty-five-year-old Community Health and Extension Worker student of the College of Health Technology, Ijebu Ode, Ogun State, was the winner of the contest. She won the coveted prize of a Toyota Yaris car for the competition.

It was the 19th edition of the beauty pageant, which has been consistently organized by Mayor Isaac Brown’s Silverstone Communications. It was also an interesting outing for Tolulope Mohammed because that made it the second time she would emerged as first runner-up. She was also the first runner-up in 2021.

However, Tolulope Mohammed has decided to remain focused and committed to her passion of giving back to her immediate environment, in her own little way.

According to her, not wining the Miss Oyo crown won't be a barrier to achieving her dreams. As she has taken interest in campaigns against child trafficking, domestic violence and to specially focus on female inmates across prisons in Oyo State.

All these and many more she revealed to in this short but interesting interview. Tolulope Mohammed is not only a talented model but a multitasker. Apart from being a model, she is a makeup artist and a hair stylist. Read excerpts from the interview.

You emerged first runner-up of this year edition of Miss Oyo State, what was the experience like for you?

It was a wonderful experience, honestly. It was fun and at the same time educative to be part of the contest. A good opportunity for me to showcase the talent which God has deposited in me. I really enjoyed every bit of the competition.

How did you feel the moment another contestant was announced the winner?

In a competition, there's always winners and losers. And I think everyone was there to win, which made it fun for us all. Of course, I went into the competition with a very positive mind of winning. I put in my best but it didn't happen. Am happy for the winner. She is someone I know very well. She has contested for the crown for couple of times. So it was a well deserved victory for her. I love her courage and determination.

Do you wish to try your luck again next year?

Yes. I feel I should do it again.

Why do you feel you should be crowned Miss Oyo?

I have gotten all it takes to be one. I have the brain, experience and confident. I also have a unique personality and ability to get things done with little or no supervision.

From you relationship with other contestants to camping and the main event, what was the biggest lesson you have learnt from the contest?

My biggest lesson is to be purposeful about one's dream and don’t take anyone for granted. Don't look down on anybody.

Now that you only emerged first runner-up, what is next for you?

Not winning the crown won't stop my passion. I mean the passion to contribute my own quota to the development of my immediate environment. Mind you, to be crowned as Miss Oyo would have been a great honor but it also comes with responsibilities. I will like use my voice to fight against Child Trafficking and l also will like to be the voice of the voiceless on domestic violence, by organizing seminars, bringing in marriage or relationship experts. I also have special interest in the wellbeing of female inmates across prisons in Oyo State. l will like to visit female inmates to give them period package such as pad, dettol etc. To also train them in one vocational skill or the other.

What inspired these projects and the special focus on female inmates?

There was this particular Yoruba movie I was watching and they showed female prison. I was actually on my period that time and I felt like how are these people coping? When me that am still living under my parents roof know what I go through every month. There and then it crossed my mind to do something. On other aspects of the projects. We all know the negative impacts of child trafficking and domestic violence in our homes and the society generally. Many hope dashed and dreams chattered as result of both. I understand the fact that those areas I have picked interest in are broad projects. They are projects that can't be achieved within a year. It has to be continuous and I pray to God for the strength and means to be able to do it every year.

How did modeling start for you?

I started my modeling journey at the age of 5. Then it was just wearing fashion designer dresses and just taking pictures with them. I had to stop at some point because of my education. My mom felt I may be distracted in my education. After so many years, l went back into modeling in 20. Even since then l have contested in several beauty pageants such as Miss FCE, Miss Ogun State Tourism, Miss Oyo State Tourism, Miss Arewa Ogun State, Face Of Zikel, Miss Eko International, Miss Oyo State etc. Let me also add that Mr Mayor Issac brown has always been the reason why I’m a  model today but he is not aware of this. He has been a great mentor.

What do you do aside modeling?

Apart from me being a model, I'm also a makeup artist and a hair stylist.

Tell us more about yourself?

My name is Mohammed Tolulope Asmara. Am from Oyo State, Ibadan precisely. Am 25. I attended George and Duke College International, Ibadan for my primary education. Then Our Lady of Apostles Secondary School my for my secondary school education. I later gained admission to Federal College of Education, Abeokuta. I went for my first degree at Lagos State University, where studied Business Education. I obtained my second degree in Business Administration from the same university. I love dancing and reading.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive